Ma Deuce Gunner

Ma Deuce Gunner

PROTECTING FREEDOM.....HALF AN INCH AT A TIME.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My Soldier is Coming Home!!!

A Message from MDG's Wife

"He's on his way!" I have waited so long to say those words! It has been more than 24 hours since I heard from him, so I’m assuming I’m safe to say to spread the word. I would like to thank you all for prayers and support. They have meant so much to my husband and I. MDG has enjoyed the interaction he has had with you and looks forward to continuing his site when he gets home - as soon as I can stop kissing him long enough for him to type :)

I thank God for bringing us through this. He has poured out His blessings on our lives in the past year. I could never have done this by my own strength. Again, thank you for all your prayers - they were vital to us.

I will continue posting updates on MDG’s progress towards home as I hear from him over the next several days.

To My Soldier: I love you so much. I am waiting anxiously to see you step off that plane and into my arms. We’ve made it! Some days it felt like this tour would never end, but here we are days away from being reunited. I am very proud of all you have done. I’m so lucky to have you! You are a wonderful husband. Thank you for praying for me and encouraging me and supporting me through this. Ephesians 3:20 says that God “is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine, according to the fullness of God.” That is what I feel He has given me in you - immeasurably more than I could ask or imagine. I am honored to be your wife. Thanks for being my husband. Thanks for loving me

MDG’s Wife

11 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger thepatriot15 said...

Oh that is so nice! You guys make a GREAT blogger team...

GOD BLESS!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous asoldierswife said...

I am so happy for you. I know that this tour has been very hard on all of us wives but it just goes to show that we all can endure anything. My husband (hopefully) got on that plane yesterday and is on his way home also.
If I see him online today I think that I am going to break down into a nervous wreck. I think that the waiting and not knowing is the hardest part.
Hang in there and we will be able to hold our husbands and they will be home where they belong.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger yankeemom said...

Thank you and bless you both!!!
Have a Happy, Happy reunion!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

I remember those days of wanting to hear from him, but hoping I wouldn't because that meant he was somewhere between here and there, but not THERE anymore! :)

ENJOY your well-deserved & long-awaited reunion!!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Papa Ray said...

Great news but as you should know, delays are almost a guarantee. So buck up for that if/when it happens.

Best wishes to both of you.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger LoveMyTanker said...

Happy Homecoming to you both!!!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

Hooray! Happy Dances from D.C.!!! God bless you both.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger devildog6771 said...

I am so happy for you both. God Bless you

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Wild Thing said...

I am so happy for both of you. This is such great news! I just want to thank you both for the sacrifices you made for America and for my freedom and safety. Thank you with all my heart.

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous linda said...

All the best and a safe trip! So happy for you!

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there.. You have another wife right here in Idaho that is waiting for her soldier to return.. Hang in there we are within arms reach of our husbands.. If mine could ever get out of Iraq. LOL..

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home