Ma Deuce Gunner

Ma Deuce Gunner

PROTECTING FREEDOM.....HALF AN INCH AT A TIME.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dick Durbin

Note: I try not to comment on political issues, or politicians themselves, but this had to be addressed.



For those who have been following the Dick Durbin debacle, he proffered another apology yesterday, since his first one was seen as a total insult to our collective intelligencies.

He now offers this apology, found at The Political Teen. Go read his remarks, or watch the video.

He apologizes for his remarks offending people. He says:

"I don’t want anything in my public career to detract from my love of this country, my respect for those who serve it, and this great Senate."

Let's run this through the MDG Political Translator Machine (MDG-PTM)...

MDG-PTM:

"I want to try my best to look good to everyone, and say things that only fluff my facade. I want to seem like I am a total patriot, and that what I said was only words, not anything that cut deep into the men and women who protect us... and I better say something about respect or support... no, support would convey to everyone that I actually cared about them... oops, better throw in something else about my fellow politicians... I mean, these are the guys I have to play golf with."

I still am offended, and even more so by his pandering. Comparing our interrogation tactics to Nazis, Soviet, or Khmer Rouge is completely asinine. All of the regimes he compared us to MURDERED millions, if not tens of millions of people. I don't remember seeing anything about gassing prisioners in the shower. I haven't seen any reports of the detainees at Gitmo doing hard labor in freezing tundra or sweltering desert, for that matter. Re-education... (as under Pol Pot, aka CERTAIN DEATH in the The Killing Fields, mainly death by sharpened bamboo stick). Nope... haven't seen any of that, either.

I expected this kind of half-assed apology from him. What he needs to say is this:

"Please, citizens of America, and especially those who wear the uniforms of the armed forces of the US, please accept my humble apology for my acrimonious and completely unfounded comparisons of our treatment of the detainees and prisoners of war from our current struggle against terror. I made reference to Hitler's death camps, the Soviet gulags, and Pol Pot only due to their shock value. In all reality, being stuck in a room with the AC turned way up is in no way, shape, or form similar to being buried up to your head and poked with a sharp bamboo stick, nor is it similar to the starvation and genocide attempted in the Nazi death camps. I again apologize for my horribly chosen words and comparisons. Please forgive me."

Now, doesn't that seem like it would soothe a bit better? I call for censure and or impeachment for his remarks, but I doubt it will happen. I hope that the voters in Illinois will recognize his idiocy, and ensure he never returns to a lawmaking body or any type of public office, ever.

SCOUTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

MDG...OUT.

6 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Chevy Rose said...

You said it far better than I ever could. Unfortuately, it's just more C.Y.A.. For it to be believed and especially by the terrorists: ALL THE DEMOCRATES SHOULD BE STANDING BEHIND HIM, NODDING, WHEN HE GIVES A "REAL" APOLOGY". And if GW was standing on his right, even better.
I'm just dreaming.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GW should be giving the apology for sending any of you over there, and for opening the disaster that is Guantanamo Bay detention center.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand he only apologized because he was told to by Daly, still the Big Wolf in IL politics. I'll bet he saw his political future swirling down the drain. I'm with you, MDG, nothing he says at this point is good enough. He's already said entirely too much (and so has Anonymous). If they don't like GITMO, we can just send the detainees to live with one or both of them...

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger devildog6771 said...

I agree with you guys. But I have a solution. Let's send the ACLU lawyerds suing Rumdfeld and that other rights group to Afghganistan. Let's also send the Democrats, especially Pelosi and Biden, and the Republican, Hagel. Drop them into the heart of the Taliban.

If they survive a month, gather them up if we can findsthem again and then drop them into the middle of Zarqarwi's most active regions. or any of the training camps who are training to "kill" us.

If, after a month they survive this, too, bring them hoe and let's see if they then realize the severity of the threat to world peace these people represent. I bet they will even see why we must stop them where they are now or we will be fighting this battle right here in America. Of that I have "no" doubt!!

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!!! A trained German Shepherd could do a better job in Congress than Durbin, since all he seems to do is bark and whimper.

Note to the constituents of Durbin: You deserve what you get for electing this idiot. The rest of the country deserves better. GET IT RIGHT THE NEXT TIME!!!

To you, MDG: THANK YOU for your service to our country, both in arms and in blogging. I admire your passion, patriotism and intellect. May God shelter and protect you, your Brothers and Sisters in Arms, and your loved ones and see you safely back to home soil.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the MDG-PTM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home