Ma Deuce Gunner

Ma Deuce Gunner

PROTECTING FREEDOM.....HALF AN INCH AT A TIME.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Going Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave. R&R. A Break. Call it what you wish. I am getting out of here for a few weeks.

My bag is sitting packed by the door, a brand new clean uniform neatly folded inside. Just the basics for traveling...books, shaving kit, candy and stuff for the flights. I got my tentative flight time, just counting the hours. I take back everything I ever said about the Air Force, as long as they get my plane here and off the ground on time. I have been away from home fully 8 1/2 months. Time for a break.

So, I may or may not be posting until I get back to Iraq. Maybe, but don't hold your breath. I'll probably post and tell you I am home safely.

So, I bid farewell for a while.

My Love, I will hold you in my arms soon...

MDG.

6 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Home, Soldier.

God Speed.

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travel safely, my dear brother! :)

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger El Capitan said...

Safe travels, and best wishes to you and your family. They better throw you one hell of a party.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger David M said...

Have a safe trip brother scout!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Have a safe trip!!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

Have funnnn! Don't forget the REST part of the quotation. Safe and quick travel... We'll be here when you get back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home