Ma Deuce Gunner

Ma Deuce Gunner

PROTECTING FREEDOM.....HALF AN INCH AT A TIME.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Conex Day

Today, we packed our conex. To the un-initiated, a conex is a metal shipping container that can be loaded on a flatbed truck or a ship.

To a soldier, loading the means one thing: We are close to the day when we stuff whatever we have left into a duffle bag and a rucksack, I pack my laptop into its gargantuan black waterproof case, and put on my assault vest...which will be MUCH lighter, due to not having a ridiculous amount of ammo, and load the freedom bird. Sometime after the elections in October, we will transfer our AO (Area of Operations) to the 101st ABN, and we will di-di-mau back to the US. We'll to Kuwait for a while, then on to my native Washington, at FT. Lewis for an uncertain amount of time, and then return to Idaho. I can't wait to get back to my wife and my life.

So, just another check-mark in the book that gets us home.


SCOUTS OUT!!!

MDG....OUT.

7 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you! I can't wait until you all are home! this means i will be seeing my husband sooner than I thought!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MDG,

Here's to hoping the days speed by until you're once again in the arms of the lovely Mrs. MDG.

God Bless and stay safe,
Remy

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that anyone is counting the days... :)

Stay safe!

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So excited!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Papa Ray said...

Several units have been "extended" for several weeks. Glad to see your not one of them...

Or am I speaking too soon?

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home