Ma Deuce Gunner

Ma Deuce Gunner

PROTECTING FREEDOM.....HALF AN INCH AT A TIME.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

MilBloggers Meet...

I went to the gym today to do some cardio. I was standing in line, waiting to sign in and get a towel behind a couple of 101st ABN soldiers. I noticed the female soldier in front of me had her name and unit written on the stock of her rifle. I recognized the unit name. I asked her if she knew of a person in her unit that blogged under the pseudonym of Grey Eagle. She said "That's me!" (She's listed in my blogroll, under Lady Screaming Eagle I introduced my self, and we had a little discussion, about the FOB, the services available on post, and Kirkuk.

So, now I will have to change my blogroll, and put a category "Bloggers I've Met".

And, it also means.....my replacements are here....on the way stateside SOON!!!! HOOOAH!!


SCOUTS OUT!!!!


MDG...OUT.

8 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger The Patriot said...

Wow; that is so cool!!! I don't know what I would do it I just happened to run into a milblogger; probably faint or something. :)

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget about it being a blogger...the bigger word here is REPLACEMENT. WOO HOO!!!!

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, my name is chris and i'm 17 years old. senior in high school, but graduating early in jan. to leave for boot camp and do what i've always dreamed of doing... becoming a United States Marine. knowing the fact that there is a good chance i will be going to Iraq sometime... i was just wondering what it is "really" like... how your days are spent and what not. Thank you

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big smile here. Nice that you got to meet her, and fantastic that you're soon to be stateside!

Love, your sis

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the replacements are in and you will all be home safe and sound soon.
Means my hubby will be home soon.
YESSSS....
Anyways stay safe and remember home is just around the corner.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kat said...

WOW that is so cool! Awesome. :)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger LittleMazza said...

This is going to me a memorable Thanksgiving for our family. Keep taking good care of yourself. Love, Mom

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Army Girl said...

I consider her a friend.. and I haven't even 'met' her yet..

I'll be in Afghanistan soon.. so maybe when we all get home.

Take it easy.. and GODSPEED!

Army Girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home