Ma Deuce Gunner

Ma Deuce Gunner

PROTECTING FREEDOM.....HALF AN INCH AT A TIME.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tagged...

Jen, my blog-daughter, over at Jennifer's Musings tagged me yesterday...so here goes...

Seven things I want to do before I die:
1. Make it back to the US
2. Raise a family
3. Be the best husband I can
4. Finish my college education
5. Visit Europe again
6. Own my own home
7. Shoot a trophy Elk, Deer and Moose

Seven things I can do:
1. wiggle my ears
2. Use Chopsticks
3. Make a excellent ROCKIN meal of biscuits and gravy
4. I'm pretty good at HALO 2
5. Make a pair of black leather boots SHINE like you wouldn't believe
6. use a sewing machine
7. Completely dis-assemble and re-assemble an M4 Carbine in less than a minute.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Dance without embarrasing myself
2. Draw or Paint (I am an not artistic, I can't even get crayons right)
3. Roll my tongue
4. Understand liberalism
5. Get my dirty socks into the hamper (It's physically impossible for me to accomplish)
6. make an over-easy egg, I always break the yolk...
7. ...or a pot-roast, for that matter...i DESTROYED a piece of meat once...

Seven things I say a lot :
1. "Dude, Seriously.."
2. Right on
3. Roger
4. I can't wait to get out of this country (Iraq)
5. I miss my wife.
6. Donkey, SHUT UP!!(inside joke)
7. (quietly)"Lord, give me strength, protect me and my men, keep your hand over me, help me vanquish my enemy and give me peice of mind to make good decisions. Amen"

Seven things I find attractive in a female:
1. My wife, everything about her!!!!
2. (see above)
3. (see above)
4. (see above)
5. (see above)
6. (see above)
7. (see above)

Seven… celebrity crushes? Who came up with that one?
1. None, really..
2. Seriously. (see above in 'things I say a lot')
3. I am not star-struck...
4. because...
5. I have the woman I want...
6. and it is not fair to her...
7. ...But my wife would laugh and say "Lila McCann"

Seven people I feel like bugging:
1. El Capitan
2. SarahK
3. Sgt. B
4. Caelestis
5. Mustang 23
6. PebblePie
7. Peter Clute


SCOUTS OUT!!!

MDG....OUT.

16 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger LittleMazza said...

Loved it!!!! Hearing you share those things about you really touched me. Missing you a lot lately. Guess the thought of you coming home soon has been on my mind.

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really not nice to tag your blogmommy with memes. but *sigh* i'll do it.

later.

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, i'm just messing with you.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger The Patriot said...

Thanks!!! That's pretty cool. And I'd like to see what Mustange 23 has to say...

:) I like big bloggers that have fun.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger senorlechero said...

MDG......I don't understand this "tagged" thing, can you explain?

It's way cool how much you cherish your wife. As you get older that's one thing you will never regret (we all have regrests). I feel the same way about my Dove (my wife.......read Song of Solomon 2:14 to see why I call her "my dove")

PS........thanks for the tip on "word verification". I've had no spam comments since then.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Chevy Rose said...

This is Wednesday night and in our house that means "Biscuits and Gravy" for supper. My spouse's favorite, along with strawberry jam to finish off the biscuits. He CAN MAKE GOOD COFFEE.

Also read where you met Gray Eagle, another blogger soldier.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about seven things you want to do while you LIVE!!!! Hooah!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger El Capitan said...

Sweet. Looks like I just got tagged from Iraq.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

I especially like to think my husband would write the same answers to "seven things I find attractive in a female"...one can always hope, right?

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can do is chuckle. As your sis, I can just "see" your personality in your posts, and I can't wait until our next family reunion when I can see you in person! Not long now. May the Lord keep you safe until then.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger membrain said...

"Donkey, SHUT UP!!" Gotta be from SHREK right? Thanks. That was fun. Take care. Godspeed.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I have a a soldier in my fire team who talks A LOT!!! So, yes, as in Shrek, I say DONKEY, SHUTTUP!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger FbL said...

*snort*

Gee, thanks, Brother Gunner...

...And, no, not like parfait either...

*chuckle*

Oh yeah, Company "C", 1st of the 161th Infantry (Mechanized...)

*grin*

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger kyer said...

MDG - First time visitor, long time admirer of the American soldier!

I've read many memes in all my blog travels, but your responses from the Sandbox...they were touching.

It's things like this that make me glad to be a friend of Milblogs.

God bless you and your comrades!

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MDG:
Thank you for your service. You are a true american heroe.

God Bless you and your family

Ramon

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MDG, you need to get in contact with me, hope you had a good thanksgiving and some happy holidays, welcome home!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home